This information on disclosure statements was released by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment on 5/12/2014
- Use the template to produce your own disclosure statement.
- You cannot change the information on the disclosure statement, but you can send other separate documents at the same time.
- If you don’t have an answer for one of the questions, please write ‘not applicable’ rather than leaving a blank space.
- You’re welcome to print this document on your own letterhead as long as this does not affect the text in any way (watermarks are not permitted).
- If you have been hired by the main contractor, you do not need to provide this – no matter the value of the building work.
- You can be fined $500 for not providing the disclosure statement when required.
- Anyone who knowingly provides false or misleading information, or who knowingly leaves out information they are required to provide in the disclosure statement, is liable on conviction to a fine of up to $20,000.
Click here to download the disclosure statement